Friday, September 19, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

On Friday evening of Labor Day Weekend we went boating on the smaller and I think prettier of the two lakes that are in the downtown Madison area. We have been trying to get as much boating in as possible since this is really our last chance before we have to move. We may get a couple of trips in before we move, but you never know, since I have the big oral test in June.

Franklin and his friend in the Ward are holding on for dear life while careening around the corner. Franklin likes to call it "Death Tube".


Little Marjorie is always super cute. She likes the boat but doesn't like her life jacket as much, even though it is super cute.



Big G, being crazy while taking a swim. He was pulling on the tube making it stand straight up.



Franklin celebrating a sweet move down by his friend on the kneeboard or wake board I cant completely remember. It was a beautiful sunset.



We Stayed out on the lake as it got dark. It was a super pretty evening. I was trying desperately to get a good picture. It was extremely difficult because I had to deal with me being steady and the continual rock of the boat. This is the best that turned out. The long white buiding along the lake is called Monona Terrace which is used similar to the Salt Palace for conventions and things. It was designed by Frank Loyd Wright in his last years before he died who supposedly was a native of Madison, Wisconsin. It is a pretty building. It has really great views of the lake on the inside and great fountains and things.


On Monday of Labor Day after spending Saturday at the Cow Pie Chuck we took the boat to the great Root Beer waters of Lake Wisconsin. Franklin is showing us how sweet the water felt on the hot day.



Marjorie went for a little swim with LH, she didn't seem to enjoy it as much as Franklin did.



Gail and I played on the tube. She thought it was pretty great.




Even Martin went for a swim with his life jacket. He definitely did not enjoy it as much as Franklin.


Gail and her friend going for a tube ride. Gail's first tube ride behind the boat without LH or I. She is signalling circles with her arm, like the boys do when they went me to go crazy in circles for "Death Tube" we kept it pretty mellow for her.



Franklin was showing us all how it was done on the wake board. He is starting to get pretty good on that crazy stick.



Our boat went dead in the water and wouldnt start. I thought it was a battery problem, but it wouldn't jump start either. Somebody agreed to pull us to the nearest boat launch though not to where are van wias which was several miles up river. Conveniently our boat went dead right at the dam of the lake. We called our friends who came and picked us up and then drove LH across the ferry to the other side of the lake to our van. LH drove the van and trailer back across the ferry to where we were. We got out of there well after it was dark, the evening before the first day of school. At least we made a good memory. It turned out that it was a starter motor problem that I was able to fix myself once we were at home and I looked through everything.

1 comment:

Abbigail said...

Those photos are so sweet! I especially love the one of the city on the water. Such a pretty city.