Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Family Funny Farm

On Sunday after church we went to the Milwaukee area to see our friends from high school and college, and spend the afternoon with them. We don't get to see them enough, and the kids always have fun. They have a daughter that is the exact same age as Franklin and he gets along with her really well, and their second daughter is very close to Gail's age. They live close to a family in their ward that keeps lots of different animals on their land and they call it the Family Funny Farm. Their oldest daughter which is Franklin's age was caring for the animals while they were on a vacation in Utah. We got to go with her and enjoy all the farm animals. Unfortunately I left my good camera at home and I only had my smaller camera that doesn't take as nice of pictures or is as fast.



Gail petting the goat. This goat was so funny. They had raised it from a kid themselves so it was very friendly much like a dog. It loved the leaves from this pear tree and would do all it could to get them.


Gail petting the friendly goat, that like most goats I guess only cared about eating.



They even had a Wallaby. This is Franklin's friend feeding the wallaby. It was a little bit skittish. Franklin did get to pet it and grab it's tail etc, unfortunately I didn't get a picture of that excitement.



Granite petting the friendly goat, who looks like he is trying to find something new to eat.



Gail feeding the friendly goat some leaves from the apple tree. She loved this so much and would just giggle as the goat would eat. I don't think the goat minded much either.



Franklin feeding the llamas. The llamas were interesting they were so tall that I found them a little bit intimidating.


Some more of the llamas and the solitary black sheep.



There was a great big huge billy goat that enjoyed the hay that Gail was feeding it. It was not quite as friendly as the other smaller goat, and didn't enjoy to be pet.



Franklin and the Prairrie Dogs. They had two prairrie dogs, they were really cute. I am not quite sure why you would want prairrie dogs but they were really fun to see close up.


Franklin playing with the parrot and Cockatoo. That big white Cockatoo was a really friendly bird that would stick it's claws out of the cage and grab onto your finger or hand. The gray parrot in the back wasn't quite as social.


Back at our friend's house. They have several cats that Gail was enjoying. The cat was circling her and tickling her face with it's tail. I think this cat is named Calico.



Gail and Calico, she was just talking and talking telling me all about the cat while petting it. She is such a sweet heart.


Franklin found a sweet maple tree to climb high up into.

Even more cats. Granite and Gail enjoying one of the more mellow older cats. Granite is still a little bummed with us as parents because we didn't let him bring home a kitten when we were there last spring. He had picked out a gray cat and named it Tiger and he was hoping that it would still be there. Only Tiger's brother Calico was left. Calico is in the pictures with MG. We are going to try to get together with them again before Thanksgiving and not let so much time pass in between.

3 comments:

Abbigail said...

I like the new header. I guess you have made some changes since I last looked. I like the blog set up and the colors are nice. Good work my man!

Abbigail said...

I also was going to tell you that we have been dreaming about haveing a barn at our next location and Kitty says that she wants to get a goat. She is very determined that is the animal she wants, a baby goat. I told her that I want a white donkey, they are really cute, although they live like 60 years or something. big commitment.

Jeb and Becca said...

Thanks Josh...we love our new baby! There is just something so special that a newborn brings into a family. It certainly helps that he sleeps quite well at night. :)
I love the new blog! You guys always do so many fun family things I'm sure you will have a good time with posting. Those kids of yours sure are cute!
Love, Becca