Monday, October 6, 2008

Wisconsin Winnebago

My parents came to see us in their new / used Winnebago. It is awesome. They arrived on Saturday evening. I was pretty out of it when they first arrived because I had worked a call shift Friday night and head major sinus infection from drinking Lake Mononna trying to get up on the slalom ski.

Of course the new Winnebago was a huge hit. The kids had to check it out immediately.

The kids enjoying the finer features of the bunk bed above the driving portion. Of course this was by far the most popular location within the mobile motor home.


A view towards the front of the sweet Winnebago from the mid portion. Grandma wont like this picture very much, but she is so awesome. It does show the mobile home pretty nicely.


The back part of the Winnebago. Not the greatest picture of Grandpa, but he is super rad, and looks great all the time. Look at that sweet bed.


Little Marjorie, not quite sure what to think of Grandma and Grandpa,sitting on Mom's lap. She is so beautiful. She warmed up to Grandma and Grandpa by the next day like they knew each other before she came to us.


Grandma with the girls, so adorable and so special. Gail especially loved all the one on one time with Grandma. She was glued to her hip and never left her alone. Grandma had to go take time out in the Winnebago to get some alone time.

You cant see it here, but Grandpa worked like crazy to finish up the revamping of our kitchen. He hung beadboard around the bottom. Put up the trim and crown moulding. LH painted to redo the kitchen. I will try to get a photo up of it. It was sure great to have Grandpa's help we never would have been able to do it without him.

On Friday night before they left we went for a boat ride up the Wisconsin River narrows that starts at the Wisconsin Dells. We pulled the boat with the Winnebago, it was awesome. Though pretty cold, in the 50's. I guess you should expect it to be cold in Wisconsin.

The kids in the front of the boat as we about to hit "the narrows" of the Wisconsin River. It is very green and forested.


The boys looking at the rock faces, pointing out various objects. It was a very pretty evening though cold.


Grandpa pointing out a face in the rock trying to keep warm with a towel.


LH was really enjoying the warm weather.


The kids, Granite was climbing the window of the boat, it was a pretty time just before the sun was going down.


Captian JQ, I was pretending that it was warmer than it actually was. It was so pretty though that it was worth it.


The rock face at the entrance to "Witch's Gulch"


We stopped at a dock to see the rocks and shoreline. It is owned by the tour boat companies but since they were not around we borrowed it for a few minutes. You can see Witch's Gulch across the river still in the sun. Our sweet boat "Little Cruzer" and Grandma and Grandpa are in it with little Marjorie. If you look close you can see Grandmas hand having over the windshield. She rules.


Stand Rock, this is a very poplular attraction at the Wisconsin Dells, we didnt' go all the way up because there was tons of no tresspassing signs and video cameras in the trees. During the season they have a German Shepard that jumps out onto it. Tradition I guess because I thought that was kind of weird.


The kids on the path to Stand Rock. Gail is down front, Granite's friend came with us in the yellow, Granite, and Franklin. They had their jackets on over their life vests, trying to keep warm.


Gail and LH, so cute, Granite was coming up from behind to make crazy faces. I wanted just a picture of the girls for this one.


Crazy Granite he keeps things fun. He finally made it into the photo, of course Gail and LH are as great as ever.


Franklin was being tricky climbing out onto the risky part of the dock. He likes adventure as long as it is on his terms.


Grandpa with Gail. She loved having them here so much.


Crazy Gail out on the dock. She sure is cute.


Captain JQ, putting my head over the window so that I can see down the narrows. It was cold. The water was sure smooth though.



Granite being crazy wanting a close up photo taken. He is crazy.


We saw a bald eagle. It was really cool. We were going down the river and it was close to dark and there was this huge bird flying towards us. At first I thought that it was going to be a crow or raven for sure, then I noticed that it was just to big. And as it was passing by I saw the white of it's head and realized that it was a bald eagle. They are pretty birds. They are here in Wisconsin, though I have only seen one, one other time. There are places along the river that do not freeze in the winter and they congregrate there. Hopefully this year we will be able to go and see some. LH snapped a picture of it as it was flying by. We dont have a fancy zoom lens or anything, but it was neat.


The colors are starting to change. It was neat to see these red trees as an island of color in a sea of green. I think in a week or two the colors will be full bloom in Southern Wisconsin.

We had such a great time with Grandma and Grandpa coming to see us. We just feel so grateful to be able to spend the few days we had together. It goes by so fast. Thanks so much for coming. Grandpa came by my work on Wednesday night when I was on call. I got to give him a quick tour. It was pretty busy so the tour was really short, but it was fun for me to show the big guy all of the neat stuff. I so appreciate them and all they do. Love you Grandma and Grandpa.

1 comment:

Abbigail said...

AWESOME! I wish that they would live in the winnebago and travel back and forth between our houses.